CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Insomnia

Have you ever had so much on your mind that when you lie down to sleep more just keeps popping up and you find yourself still awake at four o'clock in the morning????  That is me today!  So I thought I would write down some of what is running through my head and hope that I can then sleep for a couple of hours before I have to get Gavin off to school.

So here it goes:
  1. A friend of mine from my mission now does online scrap-booking through Heritage Makers.  I have been looking into it, and I love the idea of making books using pictures of our family as keepsakes, and learning tools.  My first project that I am going to work on to completion is a flip-book that has pictures of my side of the family.  My kids know their paternal cousins, aunts and uncles - but not my side very well.  It comes from living so far away.  I am excited to start this project and I will share it when I am done.  I have an idea of how I want to begin - I'm hoping my sisters will cooperate and give me current pictures of their kids and some stuff they like = this way my kids will get to know a little about their cousins.
  2. I have been debating whether or not to Home-school next year.  I want to, Scott isn't too keen on the idea.  Our school district is a good one for elementary school - but I really just want to do it myself.  I think we need to pray and fast about it!!!
  3. In the past three months Gavin has not had a steady teacher at head start.  They find someone, they work for a week and then quit - because the pay isn't so hot!  In between these teachers they alternate the same two substitute teachers every other day.  I don't like the inconsistency, and am thinking about pulling him out and just having him go to his afternoon preschool class.
  4. I want to start a more consistent preschool curriculum with Amelia - I just found a program I did with Gavin last year and am going to modify it for her.
  5. I want to start prepping for this summer's curriculum with the kids over the summer.
  6. I want to be more structured with my two blogs.  
  7. On Mommy Can We Read I have decided to continue writing my Cinderella Series - I'm going to make it a Cinderella Story each month and each week I will write one post covering a review, culture, and then literacy activities.  I also want to have specific days where I write a post on the five stepping stones of literacy - phonemic awareness, phonics, vocabulary, comprehension, and fluency.  I also want to write a post reviewing the weeks activities with the kids.
  8. I need to organize my house - do a thorough spring cleaning.  I still have some of Gavin's and Mia's baby clothes!  Geez!!!!
  9. I really need to lose weight and I have the tools I just need to use them.
  10. I need to find a job.
See, too much on my mind.  

No comments:

Post a Comment